Sonitpur District ready to published second NRC draft list said DC Sonitpur
“The National Register of Citizens (NRC) update process has been going on smoothly under the supervision of the Supreme Court and the complete Second NRC draft list will be published on the midnight of June 30, Said DC Sonitpur, Monoj Kumar Deka while addressing media persons of Tezpur at a press meet held at the DC’s conference Hall on 17 June in the presence of ADC, Sonitpur, Kishan Kumar Sarmah, Parag Kakati and Prabir Dutta.
Deputy Commissioner, Sonitpur also appealed to the people there is no reason to panic if their names are found missing from the second draft list since there would be sufficient time for claims and objections for the Concerned Citizens. Deka also informed that the District Administration has already identified a number of vulnerable NRC Seva Kendra in different parts of the District and there are 25 NSKs which had been identified as vulnerable across the District.
He also said Sonitpur Police have been keeping a close watch on the anti-social elements as well as trouble mongers and no report of any untoward incident during the process have been received from any part of the district, he added.